Main Course Salads: Roast Pork Ribs Salad


I tagged along with my mom on her Sunday wet market shopping occasionally. Wet market is still my choice venue for getting fresh pork and seafood at a reasonable price. For other stuff, I would prefer to get them in the comfort of an air-conditioned supermarket.

Last Sunday I went along with my mom to her usual hunting ground and picked up a whole rack of baby back ribs. After rubbing it with some Cajun Seasoning, I pushed it into the oven for 2 hours and ended up with deliciously tender ribs. Next time I must trying brining it to see if there is any difference.

The leftover ribs were then shredded and I pile them on a box of Taylor Organics Baby Herb Salad (S$5.95) mix I picked up from NTUC Finest yesterday. I love the delicate vegetables in this mix. There are just some vegetables in the box which I have never seen before and would never have tasted if not for this mix. But one word of caution: as these vegetables are air-flown from USA, they would have been harvested at least a week ago, so best sort through them to check for yellowing or wilted veggies.


Here I have tossed the salad with my favourite spicy Vietnamese dressing.


I love those charred parts of the ribs, it is where all those flavours are!

Now instead of just the usual roast chicken, here is another easy-to-prepare protein to add to my main course salads!

Comments