Main Course Salads: Mediterranean Pasta Salad

Strictly speaking, this is not a salad per se. This would be more accurately termed as cold pasta since there is more pasta than veggies.

Whether salad or cold pasta, I find myself overeating on this all the time. I can’t help it. I love pasta salads. And better yet, I love Mediterranean-style pasta salads with bits of olives and feta cheese!

There are tons of salads by the same name, but here’s my version of it.

DSC_0563

Pasta, cherry tomatoes, olives, feta, roasted bell peppers, lots of parsley and drizzle your favourite vinaigrette. Mine happens to be the very same lemon-olive oil vinaigrette used in Salad Nicoise.

If you need protein, throw in bits of salami or prosciutto and fresh basil instead of parsley. For a vegetarian version, I would recommend throwing in cooked or canned chickpeas.

DSC_0570

I am all set for a potluck party!

Except that there was no party and I ate half of the huge plate by myself.

Now my love handles/muffin tops are getting out of control.

Comments