External Memory

I am barely in my 40s and already I am experiencing memory problems.

Where is my handphone?

Can you remind me when we are suppose to meet?

Did I add salt to the dish already?

Where was I just now?

Somebody told me that some time ago but I cannot remember who.

It is increasing in frequency and it is freaking me out.

As much as possible I try to rely on my handphone as an external memory. I snap everything from school events, make-up lessons, remedial lessons, letter from teachers/tutors, exam timetable, etc. 

Then,as one might have noticed, I have not posted much on this website for some time. It is not that I had suddenly switched my diet to thin air but more like lack of time and inspirations to post anything here. I still cooked aplenty these days, but they usually go undocumented. At most just a snap on my handphone if it is anywhere in sight. This is all well and good, until recently I found that I couldn't remember which recipe I had used for a particular salad dressing. The said dressing was delicious and I was very certain that I didn't make it up myself. So where was that recipe from?!

After many futile searching both online and offline, I gave up completely and that was when I realised that I need to put it down somewhere about the recipes that I had used. This also certainly make it easier for me to share recipes.

Inspirations? Sounds more like neccessity to me.




Comments