Dessert for Dinner

Today is the first day of the Term Test.  Amazingly, this time round I was not pushing our princess that hard to revise, despite practically no help from school in the prep. I guess some of the work we had done during the December holidays did help but I am doubtful how far that "reserve" will last.

So as a cheer-me-up after tuition last night, I thought instead of dinner, we proceeded straight to dessert at The Coffee Daily in Serangoon area.

Molten Lava Cake with scoop of Vanilla ice-cream

This is a must-try! My mom ordered this and we were all digging into it before the ice-cream had a chance to melt. Rich chocolate taste without the overwhelming sweetness.

Hot Rich Chocolate

This was a total flop despite its artsy presentation. Waste of calories.

Homemade Waffles with Double Choc ice-cream

This was the reason why we were there in the first place. Princess's ever lasting quest to find the perfect waffles with ice-cream could very well end with this. The waffle was light and airy on the inside, yet crispy and crunchy on the outside. Perfection. The next time I will probably order it with vanilla ice-cream instead as the chocolate tasted flat and unremarkable.

End result? We had a very happy princess in snoozing in the back seat on the ride back home. $22 to buy simple happiness, now that is a steal.

Comments