Time Off In Tokyo

I'm back from Tokyo, despite having spent five nights there, I am still craving for more! Well, don't we all want longer holidays? *Grin*

Okay, long story short. I did not bring my D40 along, but I made do with the camcorder whenever possible. As the weather was ridiculously hot, most of the time I have in one hand a fan/water bottle and the other an umbrella, so no hand to hold the camera. So I do apologise for the lack of photos.

Initially when I went there, I thought that since I am born and bred here in the sunny island of Singapore, I would be able to handle the heat, but I was so wrong. The average temperature during the afternoons when I was there was about 34 degC! The sun is perpetually scorching until it sets and the heat just saps all my energy away.

Going to Tokyo to me was more like a food pilgirmage; to get the actual taste of the food that I have only read of in my cookbook or websites. Although I didn't get to taste as many as I would have liked to due to language barrier, I now have a renewed sense of inspiration to cook Japanese.

I'll post the pictures as soon as I am able to locate the memory card in my still unpacked cargo bags. (^.^)

Comments