Saturday Baking


The first time I made this recipe was almost 10 years ago and I had never forgotten how it tasted. The lusciousness of each bite of this cream cheese brownie was just a glutton's fantasy.

10 years has since lapsed, and our little princess is old enough to whip a decent batter manually. She has also shown enough interest in cooking and baking to make this mama proud.

So, since we had some time on hand to kill, I decided that the best way to expend some pent-up energy after sitting around for hours learning is to whip some batter.

This recipe is really easy to put together and princess did it mostly by herself. I was just the kitchen helper who was good for reaching things in higher places and also washing up.

Warning: Try not to finish the whole pan of this by yourself.

So in order to avoid that, I came up with a wonderful strategy - cutting the brownie into really small rectangles. The fork in the photo is a fruit fork, not a dessert or dinner fork. The size of my brownie was probably no bigger than a fun-size/mini Mars bars. It really works, because I was too lazy to get myself another slice.



Comments