Food Forecast for 2007

Came across this article in Food Network.com which discuss predictions of food trend for this year in the Western part of this world. I thought maybe I ought to do some forecast of my own culinary targets for this year. Call these new year resolutions of sorts in food terms, if you wish.

So here's my top forecasts for the coming year:

** Bake bread **

I just realised why I have been dragging my feet on baking that bread that I have been talking about for ages. It is not the long process that puts me off, but rather the fear of turning out yet another dense and rock hard bread. I have seen so many blogs showcasing beautifully shaped and baked bread, and I am filled with envy and also the burning desire to pick up the yeast and flour. But fear will slowly creep up on me and devour me completely before I make it to my flour cabinet.

So I am going to tell myself to adopt Nike's slogan - Just Do It, and take the plunge.

** Go Japanese **

So far I have only managed to scrape the tip of the iceberg on The Japanese Kitchen, so I hope that I would be able to cook more from the book and post it up here.

P.S.: I managed to buy a few pieces of Japanese tableware from Daiso!

** Go Thai **

Since my last trip to Bangkok, the sights and smell of food from the street vendors didn't quite leave my mind. So I guess, I would be trying out some Thai dishes this year.

I haven't a good and reliable book on Thai cooking. Any recommendations?

** Eat your veggies **

Apart from religious reasons, I think being a vegeterian once in a while is a good thing. Hubby and I would whole heartly call ourselves carnivorous and would have meat on our table almost everyday. I hope to be able to change that habit by putting more non-meat dishes on the table.



So what are your food forecast for the year?

Comments