Doughnut or Donut?

While having lunch at my mom's house, we were watching Discovery Travel and Living featuring Donut Paradise. I can't remember how many times I said: "I want to eat this!" Unfortunately, over here on this sunny island, we don't have many choices for a good quality doughnut. Perhaps the only ones that I would consider good are from Wiener's Oven located along Upper East Coast Road but they don't come cheap. I vaguely remember that it comes at around S$2/piece. So I gleefully told my mom that I would make it myself and she can help me fry up the dough.

But as soon as I got back home and flipped open my cookbook, I knew my mom would be disappointed cos there is no way I would be able to deliver that piece of dough to her. The recipe specifically advised against hand kneading the dough to prevent it becoming greasy. Even food processor was forbidden. *Sigh* I just can't bear to imagine myself pulling out my KitchenAid. Does it have to come to that? Maybe with the change in our food trend, it is time. (-.-')

Comments