Whole Fish

Have you ever gutted a fish before? Neither have I.

Until today.

When I was at the supermarket this afternoon, I saw a pair of fish packed and wrapped on styroform. They looked ultra fresh with their gleaming eyes and firm touch but the best part was that the pair was going for S$2.71! Maybe I would have gotten it even cheaper at the wet market, but this is cheap enough for me even attempt the whole fish myself.

This was what I had whipped up this afternoon for lunch.


Gutting the fish was not as terrifying as I thought it would be. Yes, I had to pull out all of the squishy innards of various shades of red. I wasn't quite sure what I was pulling out, but I managed to remove everything inside. Thank goodness! The whole process took less than 5 minutes for both fishes. Maybe cos these are mid size.

Anyway, this lunch is a typical cooking-without-recipe meal in this house. It is now a real challenge sweltering in the kitchen with a cookbook.

Comments