Main Course Salads: Roasted Vegetables Pasta Salad

I woke up to a cool morning with an overcast sky. My perfect type of mornings. My mom told me that I would be very happy in London. I haven't been there myself (read: I am ultra envious of my mom who went London with my sister!), so I can't agree nor disagree.

So with such nice cooling weather, I thought it doesn't hurt a bit to crank up the oven. Immediately, roasted vegetables came to my mind. Actually, it came to my feet. 

You see, a pair of red bell peppers rolled out from my long-suffering, over-flowing fridge and onto my feet when I opened the fridge door. So since it is not such a good idea to put bruised bell peppers back for future use, I decided on a whim to do something akin to Grilled Ratatouille Salad.


So into the mixing bowl went the bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, red onions and garlic. I added a liberal amount of salt, black pepper and olive oil before giving them a good toss. Spread them out on a tray (do not over-crowd or the vegetables will steam instead of roast!) and pop into a 200 degC oven for about 30 minutes. After which you will have a tray of these caramelised vegetables which are juicy and tender.


But hang on, the dish is not done yet. Since I intend to make this a Main Course Salad, I had to add a good helping of carbs. So I dropped in some of the shell pasta which I had boiled for a baked pasta dish for our little princess (more of that later) and whipped up a basic vinaigrette to hold everything together. Just a splash for the bland tasting pasta.


This is a perfect vegetarian dish and for those times when you need to up your fiber intake but doesn't really care for raw vegetables.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Main Course Salads: How To Make Ahead

Another Blueberry Scones Post

Main Course Salads: Salade Nicoise