Sweet Potato Bread



Something happened to me the past 2-3 weeks. I found many sweet potatoes in my shopping trolley. I can't help it. The sweet potatoes in the crates were just begging to be bought, which I gladly obliged.

Unfortunately, my stomach is not the size of the crates where I first saw them. Needless to say, I had plenty of leftover oven-baked sweet potatoes. What is one suppose to do when one has that many sweet potatoes sitting on prime fridge real estate?

As much as I would like to make candied sweet potatoes, such as these, I do not think it wise (or safe) to have that much sugar within my reach. Did I mention to you that I have no self control?

So I settled for sweet potato bread instead. I must admit that I didn't have very high hopes for my first try, as  my track record has shown, but the bread came out surprisingly good. Very tender crumb and slightly sweet. The colour was not as intense as I had imagine it to be with merely a tinge of yellow. Come to think of it, most of my bread has a tinge of yellow to it. Hmm ...

The bread tasted even better when toasted and sprinkled liberally with lots of cinnamon sugar. I told you have I no self control.

I haven't been baking bread for some time and I realised that I miss the process and the anticipation of bread making. With still more sweet potatoes in my fridge to clear, I think I will be kneading bread again soon.

For the full recipe, please visit  Blessed Homemaker.

Comments