Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit-Bag

Many years ago when I was in Primary 5, I went for a memorable one-week camp organised by my school. I learnt many interest things when I was there. I learnt that one can actually sleep on the ground with just a sheet of plastic. What a revelation!

Then came the camp fire time where I learnt many songs which I have never heard before in the life pre-camp. I felt like a mountain tortoise who had meditated for too long.

And then came this song which I found to be very funny because I had no idea what the song was all about.

The song goes something like this … “Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag and smile, smile, smile. If in your work you find it all worthwhile, smile boy that’s the style. What’s the use of worrying? It never was worth while. So, pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag and smile, smile, smile.”

And pack up my troubles I did this week. With big smiles. We came up with numerous bags of this.

20130127_125724

My daughter is turning 8 this June and I found many 9 months old rompers stashed in my cupboard!

And unmentionable count of this.

20130127_165005

Did I ever mention here that my ambition is to have a collection that could rival our National Library? I didn’t?? Oh well, now the cat is out of the bag.

So much so that my ever kind-hearted friends and my poor sister gave up the pretence of smiling and confessed that their houses had ran out of space from accepting my hand-me-downs. I mean who can blame them?

Our packing is almost done and we are wrapping up this phase of our lives and moving on to the next. And the one lesson which I had learnt from this packing-up exercise – stop trying to save the economy single handedly!

Comments

  1. Oh and here I am, buying books away for my 4 month old.. :) you should donate to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.... Just be careful not to over-buy and end up like me. :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment