Tidbits - Freezing Food

What's sitting in your freezer right now?

Let me see what's in mine:
  • 5 kg sack of ice cubes (it's not for some upcoming party, and don't ask me what's it for)
  • many ice cream cones from Korea
  • 1 ice cube tray
  • 1 pack of Natto (Japanese fermented soy beans)
  • 1 1/2 bag of young soy beans
  • 1/2 bag of corn nibbles
  • 1/2 bag of mixed veggies
  • 1 kg of chicken breast meat
  • 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's
  • many other unidentified items

I don't know if this is atypical of what's inside most people's freezer, but I have read that it can be put to better by storing real ready-to-go food in a freezer (think: frozen pot stickers (gyoza), frozen pasta sauce, frozen unbaked muffins/scones, frozen unbaked bread, frozen rice dumplings, frozen cooked curry, etc.), but that's one area which I haven't dared ventured into yet. I always been brought up thinking that eating frozen food is not good for you, but I'm sure that's in the context of frozen commerical food, right? How about frozen homemade food? Well, I can't answer that question yet, but I have found some helpful articles about freezing here, here and here. I'll have to start to run down my freezer to get started on freezing real food. *gasp!*

Comments