お好み焼き - Okonomiyaki - Stuffed Pancakes

It has been my family tradition to eat a meatless dish in the morning on the first day of CNY. When I was still staying with my mom, she would dish up a vegeterian mixed vegetable dish served with plain stir fried bee hoon. For the past few years, my mom would pack a container of the vegeterian mixed vegetable for me bring home after our reunion dinner. But this year, she took a break from making it after countless years. So I would have to fend for myself but I have no mind to make that mixed vegetable dish from scratch!

After flipping mindlessly through a few cookbooks (which is my #1 favourite pastime), this stuffed pancake caught my eye. I have had it before in a restuarant and I liked it alot. So I thought maybe I would just drop the meat from the dish and it ought to make a very filling breakfast.

If you still have no idea what I am talking about, click here to see some pictures of it.

Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to feed my little princess and get the visiting started so I didn't take any photos. In any case, I don't think that it is worth looking at cos I have also omited the fish shavings topping (かつおぶし or 鰹節 or katsuobushi) which makes it so fanciful.

I am still looking to improving the taste of the pancake, so probably I will post abit on this later.

Comments