Chicken Kebabs


While walking aimlessly at Plaza Singapura shopping mall the other day, I wandered into Daiso, a shop where everything it sells is for S$2. And the best part is that most of the things it sells are from Japan.

So after handing baby over to Hubby, I grabbed a shopping basket and started dumping all sorts of things for the kitchen into the basket. Guess I am exactly the sort of target customers they are looking for - complusive shopper.

When I saw these skewers, I thought making kebab would be a good execuse to buy it. So into the basket it went. Of course, as a complusive shopper I wouldn't just buy one set (comprise of 2 skewers), would I. No, I had to buy two sets of course!

I marinated the chicken pieces in Ginger Soy Vinaigrette as suggested by Joy of Cooking, though I thought it strange. A vinaigrette as a marinate? Although the vinaigrette tasted good on its own, the kebabs came out so-so only. Next time I am going to make Teriyaki instead. Well, until next time then.

Comments