Yahoo! - Food

I have just noticed that Yahoo! has a section labelled "Food". At one glance it may look like a Martha Stewart site, but it actually has a collective databank pulled from Martha Stewart, Allrecipes.com, Epicurous.com, etc. Quite a time saver for me, as I usually visit these sites.

From the site I found Polenta with Meat Sauce. I bought a bag of polenta some time ago (seems like I have lots in my pantry), and I have been looking for a good recipe to try. If you haven't heard of polenta, it is actually finely ground cornmeal. Cooking it takes as much as and effort as making risotto; stirring patiently by the hot stove. Leave it to the Italians to come up with good food and torture the cook! Well, the torture was reserved for Hubby in my case (^.^), who stirred the cornmeal smooth for a good 20 mins. This is our first time making polenta, and I think we didn't fare well. That explains why no photo .... *boo boo*

Still have half a bag of polenta left in my pantry, so we'll see what we can come up with.

Comments