Pan-fried Salmon and Clams in White Wine Sauce


This is the re-take version of the previous attempt.

Ahh ... *sigh* I love my cammy.

I have been meaning to cook clams for a while, but never had the guts to walk up to the wet fish counter at the supermarket, pick up the itcky looking mini shovel and scoop some clams with it. Well, I did it and lived to tell about it.

Cooking the clams was easy but the cleaning was not. All I knew was that they were suppose to soak in water until they spit out whatever sand they had accumulated within. That was what I did but just before I took the numerous lives, I hesistated and ran for my Joy of Cooking. A quick check and it asked for an additional step of scrubbing each clam individually. Oh gosh! I remembered I was very glad that I stayed my hand, for after the scrubbing, the whole bowl of soaking water was quite dirty looking! Imagine that in the sauce!!

Ahh ... *sigh* I love my Joy of Cooking.

The clams makes a wonder addition visually as well as in taste. To cook this just follow the recipe to Point 6. Add the clams in before adding the tomatoes. Cover and simmer until all the clams opened up. Add tomatoes and proceed with the rest of the recipe.

Comments