Eating and Watching Ratatouille



In a recent book sale near my office, I picked up the novelised version of Ratatouille produced by Disney in 2007. I can't remember when I first watched it, but when Hubby rented the DVD, I was just too happy to watch it again.

But then came the question: "Mommy, what is Ratatouille? Is that the name of the rat?"

The obivious reply was that the rat already has a name -Remy, but the not so obivious answer to the first part of the question: "What is ratatouille?" was mind boggling. Even the spelling looks foreign to me.

The only was way to find that out is to cook it. A flip of my JOC, and it is in there. The ingredient list looked simple but I had to make a substitution as I know the taste of red pepper would be too overwhelming for our little princess to try.

Once the cutting and chopping was done, the cooking was straight forward. It is easy to see why this was known as a pheasant's dish. Lots of textured vegetables to make up for the absence of meat.

I'm filing this dish under C.C. - "Constipation Cure".

Comments