Baked Chicken with Fennel, Tomatoes, and Olives

After my too-sweet-to-be-curry dinner, I felt obligated to redeem myself. So I chose this Baked Chicken with Fennel as my saving grace. I was quite hesistant initially as it featured a new-to-me ingredient. Heard of fennel? I can't say that I am 100% certain of what it is, but now I do.

Here's what it looks like:


They look quite ordinary, but when I slice into them, there was a mild lemony perfume. I bought 2 pieces for about $5.25, quite pricey but worth it.
Marinating the chicken seemed to take forever, but it was worth it as it chicken turned out flavourful and juicy after baking. We ended up having dinner only at 9pm!


This is a really good dish that can be prep ahead of time to feed a crowd. There are a few other variation to this basic recipe which I am dying to try. Hope that my family won't be sick of eating chicken anytime soon.

Comments

  1. Wow, looks delicious...

    Good trip huh? shall hear abt it the next time I see you.

    U can consider buying online. I bght a few more items recently, have to restrict myself not to buy too much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment