To Be Loved

The house is usually stuffy and warm in the late afternoon. Our fans and aircons are working overtime. And the other day our little princess had just about enough of doing problem sums with me and was begging for a break. Since I had some work to finish up, I let her off the hook.

Shortly after, or maybe many minutes later, I saw a grubby little hand pushing a note like this towards me.



I was quite surprised by the note. But before I could say anything, our little princess pulled out another hand from behind her with this note in it.



Then I forgot what I had wanted to say. When I looked over to where I thought she was seating watching her TV, I saw another little note lying on the floor with her scissors, pencils and papers.



My heart beat painfully for a minute and it felt like what the song Butterfly Kisses meant.

"Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right.
To deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses at night." -Butterfly Kisses (Collin Raye)




Thank you, too, Princess!

And we need to work on your spelling and punctuation.

Comments

Post a Comment