イギリス食パン - English Bread (Well, almost)

I found this recipe which I thought it was quite promising. I substituted the water for milk, so I guess I would have to call this English Milk Bread, right? I have no idea why this bread is called English Bread or what makes a bread an English Bread. My end product didn't look nor taste much different from my previous attempt though. Hmm....

Here's my English Milk Bread.

And the cross section of it.

Here's how I made it...

*******************************

イギリスミルク食パン - English Milk Bread

*******************************

Bring 18g of butter to room temperature.

Measure out 227g of milk and warm to about 40degC.

In a mixing bowl, measure out 350g bread flour, 18g sugar, 7g salt, 7 g instant yeast. Add the warm milk to the mixing bowl and mix until you achieve a dough is formed. Add a little milk or flour, if necessary. Scrape the dough onto a lightly flour surface and knead until the dough is soft and elastic. Roll the dough into a ball and place in a bowl to proof until double in size. Cover with plastic wrap.

Scrape the dough back to the lightly floured surface and deflate completely. Divide the dough into 2 and shape into balls. Place the balls into a greased loaf tin for 2nd proof until it double in size. Cover with plastic wrap.

Brush the tops of the bread with milk. Bake in a preheated oven at 190degC for 14mins or until the tops turn brown. Turn the temperature down to 180degC to finish up, about another 18mins.

Comments