Stolen


Before I start talking about the title of this blog, I thought it apt to digress slightly to talk about Love. Yes, roll your eyeballs but please indulge me for a while.


I once read this: "Love is like ghost. Many claimed to have seen it, but few actually have." So for those who have, have you ever wondered what it would be like to have loved and lost?


So what does all these blabbering gotta do with Christmas stolen? Well, cos for me it definitely felt this way in my encounter with this glorious food. I can't recall when was the first time that I tasted a Christmas stolen, but what I can tell you is that once I have tasted it, there was no turning back. I fell in love with this and I fell real hard. To compound the matter, I didn't even know the name of this glorious food for a long while. Almost akin to a hopeless romantic soul searching for that other half whom he/she had loved but lost.




What's so special about this stolen? Well, to put it simply, a stolen is like a critusy bread ladened with lots of plump raisins/currants/sultanas and has a thick dyke of coursely grounded almond paste which is better than mazipan anytime of the day. The amount of sugar in this bread and on the bread will send anyone into a diabetic shock if the person attempt to finish up even half a loaf.

I didn't make the stolen in the picture as I'm not brave enough to try my hand at it. Instead this babe was hauled all the way back from Amsterdam by my poor little sis (aka overseas-requistionist). I am forever in her debt for this stolen. It only cost 2.69euros! Dirt cheap!



Comments