Leftover Veggies

Recently I have been going crazy about eating my veggies. Since my triumphant achievement of being about to pull together 3 dishes for a meal, I have been putting at least 2 veggie dishes at each meal. So each time when I hit the supermarket, my trolley is piled high with loads of veggies. But what to do with those leftover veggie odds and ends?

I made this soup with them, of course!


How to make this: Fine chop a big onion, carrots and celery. Peel and slice russett potatoes. Heat olive oil in a stock pot. Saute the onion, carrots and celery until the vegetables softened. Add potatoes and continue to saute until the potatoes soften. Add stock (or water) and bring to a boil. Simmer until all the vegetables are softened, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down slightly. Transfer the soup into a blender (you may need to do this in batches). Blend until smooth and serve!

This soup is thick without even adding cream! Packed with lots of fibre and delicious. Unfortunately, my little princess doesn't care of any. (-.-)

Comments