Buttermilk, buttermilk, how to use thee? (con't)


To save that poor forlorn-looking carton of buttermilk from being dumped without ever being opened, I set out on a mission to scour for a nice recipe using buttermilk. I know that buttermilk makes wonderful pancakes (imagine McDonald's hotcakes), and read that other foodies swore by buttermilk for that fluffy pancakes. So off I went, clicking away for a recipe that would use the whole carton of buttermilk that I have instead of part of it (cos it's expiring today!). Hey, presto! I found a recipe at Martha Stewart website. It's called the Best Buttermilk Pancakes, and sure enough it was really the best that I have tasted! Yummy!! No more visits to McDonald's for hotcakes when I can make such delicious jewels at home.

Dairy Farmers Buttermilk, 600ml S$3.75 (available at Cold Storage)

Comments