Mushroomy beef stew


It has been donkey years since I have visited the library. I still remember the time when the library was still using paper card system (ie. to borrow a book you need to bring along your paper cards when you visit the library). Gone were those days and now the library has an impressive system that even allow you to search books by location! I have borrowed a couple of good books from the library and hard pressed for time to read them all. And I am only allowed to renew them once, which I had already did! Can't bear with part with good books. *sob*

Well, one of the books that I foraged from the library was this 150 Best Slow Cook Recipe by Judith Finlayson. I had already made the vegeterian Cheesy Mushroom and Spinach casserole and it was yummy! Very rich and extremely satisfying. Pity I didn't take any photo, but even if I had done so, I don't think it would look as good as it taste and smell. And yesterday we made the East-West Roast Beef with Shitake Mushroom sauce (East-West cos Roast Beef is ang-moh stuff but seasoning and shitake mushrooms are orential) and it tasted very good too. Though I found that the shitake mushroom was slightly overpowering, but hubby was chowing it down happily. Hmm... then again, he's a mushroom fanatic.

Slow cock pots are really marvelous. Cooks up such delicious food without any supervision required! Hubby is so happy with it that he is comtemplating getting another pot so that we can use both pots simultaneously! Where to find space to put!!?? Even now, my slow cook pot is working away simmering my Caribbean Pork with Rum!

Comments