Fudgy chocolate brownie


After watching My Lovely Samsoon (Korean drama serial), I have a gnawing urge to bake something. What's the connection between the Korean drama and baking, you ask? Well, the lead female patissier (i.e. specializing in making French pastry) and that made me think of baking a couple of things myself.


Since its my mommy dearest's birthday tomorrow and my sis wasn't able to order a cake in time, I thought this would be a good execuse to bake a cake! Yay!! Quickly dug out my Martha Stewart Baking Handbook and thumbed it through for a nice chocolately cake. Voila! Found that I have all the ingredients for this brownie recipe (erm.. almost all lah, cos turned out that I ran out of plain flour and had to substitute it with self raising - so what if my brownie is slightly higher??!!). Yipee! Dumped heapfuls of ground almonds into it before baking cos I know my mum would like that addition.


Well, the end product did smell wonderful when it came out of the oven, but I think it looked a bit squat. Then again, strictly speaking it's a brownie and not a cake, so I suppose I can console myself this way. =) As for the taste, I haven't the chance to taste it yet cos I have sent it to my mum as a birthday cake, but my sis has already feedbacked that its (slight?) too sweet. Hmm... I have already reduced the sugar from 1 1/2 cup to just 1 cup! Guess Americans just have a huge sweet tooth.

Comments