In the mood for .... curry chicken


After a few consecutive days of crock pot stews (read: ang-moh stews), I can see that hubby is beginning to show less enthusiasm on what's for dinner. Given that he is an oriental food lover, that is to be expected. So its back to my trusty Mrs Leong cookbook once again.

Since a few months back, I have started including whole chicken in my grocery shopping list everytime cos I find that it is so flexible to cook. On lazy days, we would just dunk the whole fella in boiling water of ginger and sprigs of spring onions to make hainanese chicken rice. And on days when I feel more up to it (like today), I would make a more fanciful dish out of it. So a quick flip of Mrs Leong cookbook, and I spotted Chicken Coconut Curry. For a heart stopping (literally, cos the recipe calls for 455ml of coconut milk!) moment, I thought that I didn't have all the ingredients on hand! But what's the omission of 4 kaffir lime leaves gonna make to the dish? For naught, I tell ya! The dish turned out beautifully: thick lemak gravy balanced with slightly tangy aftertaste from the lemon juice. Yummy!

Once again, Mrs Leong has come out tops!

Comments