Tokyo Ramen


Tokyo is a place that I have always wanted to visit. Hubby and I nearly booked ourselves on a trip in 2004, but somehow our busy schedules didn't permit. Then our little one came along, Tokyo is now on our KIV list.

I am always a big fan of anything Japanese, especially their products. I am a big fan of their kitchen appliances (tempura pan), utensils (KAI knife), and hubby, well, his Japan-made Camry. I believe that their products are so much superior than most sourced from all over the world. I love shopping at Takashimaya and Isetan for Jap stuff, even it meant window shopping is good enough for me.

Although I can't say that I am good at cooking Japanese food, I would go as far as saying that we are quite discerning when eating Japanese food. We don't eat sashimi anywhere, but in a few places. Tonkatsu only from one place. Shabu-shabu, yakitori, yakiniku, etc., all from specific places.

Hubby has eaten plenty of Jap food, cos he dined often with his clients. Amongst the noodle family, I think he loves soba and ramen. I hate ramen. To me, it is just instant noodles! I gotten a book on Japanese cooking last week, cos I know that hubby would like it. After flipping through the book, he declared that we MUST make Tokyo Ramen. So that's how it all started.

As how the dish was prepared, I am totally clueless. Why? Cos I was having my beauty sleep when hubby slaved away in the kitchen for 3 hours! Haha.... But it was all worth it. His Jap char-siew turned out really juicy and tender. Really yummy! Just that night, between the two of us, we ate 700+gm of char-siew!

Comments