Braised Sole Provencal


As the saying goes, "Can't have the cake and eat it". I managed to save these but lost the ones on my beef daube.

If you haven't tried sole fish, do so the next time you see it on any menu or market. Just beware of those few fine bones, yeah?

This is a recipe from The Best of America Test Kitchen 2007 which actually calls for cod fish, but I just can't bring myself to buy those freeze-and-thaw pieces. Sole fish makes a good substitution in my opinion. The flesh is delicate and it taste light. Best of all, it doesn't cost a fortune to eat it. 2 fillets cost me only $6+ and this is supermarket pricing, mind you.

I did some research into what it meant by cooking Provencal style and it seems to me that it has something to do with the cooking style of Provence (France) which is typically characterised by the use of tomatoes, onions, garlic and fennel, amongst the list. If you want to know more, click here to find an article "Can you cooking Provence style?".

This braised sole fish tasted really good and makes a light dinner. Unfortunately, cos of the presence of diced tomatoes, my little princess didn't even want to take a bite of it. She still doesn't like it.

Another interesting way to serve fish.

Comments