Beef Barley Soup


Wow, I just realised that the last time I wrote about a slow cooker recipe was 6 months ago! Well, if you are wondering if my slow cooker still has a place on my countertop, it is still there. But sadly, it is time for the old gal to go. I have found another love - Thermos Shuttle Chef. I bought the Shuttle Chef hoping to cut back on my staggering electricity bills. And it did! My soups and stews turned out so well that I am pulling it out from the cupboard every other day.

This Beef Barley Soup was taken from Cover & Bake and was supposed to be cooked in a slow cooker, but the Shuttle Chef did a fine job too. If you hadn't noticed, I love books from the folks at Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen. The soup was easy and delicious! Click here for the recipe from another blogger's page. I let the soup cooked overnight in the Shuttle Chef and it was ready for Hubby to pack to work the next morning.

In case I have gone quiet in this blog in days leading to Chinese New Year, please know that I am hitting the books once again for the final test. Wish me luck. I shall be back again when it blows over. (^.^)

Comments