Muffins or Curry Puffs?


One debate came up the day when I brought out these muffins after a meal with my in-laws. They were kind enough to compliment that my muffins were good enough to be sold in a store, but Hubby shot it down immediately. (-.-') Anyway, here's what transpired that day.

Mother-in-law (MIL): "Your muffins look and taste just like those store bought. Did you attend some cooking lessons or self-taught?"

Me: "Self-taught from books."

Hubby: "Haven't you noticed the shelves of books she has? They probably cost me thousands of dollars already."

MIL: "Maybe you should sell your muffins."

Hubby: "Forget about it. How long does it take to generate $100 in sales? Might as well sell Old Chang Kee. Their queues at the outlets are never-ending."

Little princess: "I LOVE Old Chang Kee!!"

Me: "Yeah, a person would be able to patronise an Old Chang Kee twice or thrice a week, but would only eat muffin every other week, max."

Father-in-law: "But the Westerners could eat muffins everyday in the morning. Look at those huge Canadian muffins!"

Hubby: "Yeah, how many Canadians are there here?"

So, I concluded that either Hubby doesn't think my muffins will have a prayer of hope to create a new breakfast fad here or that he really loves Old Chang Kee. Or both.

These muffins are from The Best of America's Test Kitchen 2010 and here's the online version. Geez, I had to sort through a ton of Blueberry Muffins from ATK to find the actual one which I had used to make these. Blueberry muffins must be a hot favourite on some parts of this world. I've made blueberry muffins before from ATK but this recipe had an added surprise of a jam in it. Extra effort but extra flovour.

Now, I'll have to think what to do with the leftover buttermilk. *roll my eyes*

Comments

  1. I like blueberry muffins!
    Looks really good. I want to eat them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for that comment, you ought to boycott the kitchen for at least a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jasmyn,

    Next time we meet, maybe we can go muffin-munching in a cafe at Killiney Road.

    Hi Jo,

    Excellent recommendation! I'm feeling too sick to cook anyway. Down with flu. (-.-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment