Kimchi Fried Rice

The weather is indeed gone awry. Just a week ago, the endless scorching heat of the day is enough to send everyone into freezer rooms to seeking relief. But these few days, when it rains, it is a blizzard of rainfall.

I had just put away all those turtle-necks and knitted wear, only to dig them out again this morning as the sky turn an ominous gray.

(picture taken from Serious Eats)

As it was raining when I picked up my little princess, I had no mind to go grocery shopping and all my energy, or what's left of it for a Monday, was focused solely on getting home and crawling under the quilt.

So when I got a msg from Hubby saying that he is ravenous and he is going to fly home as soon as he can leave office, it was as if he just pushed my panic button. What's for dinner???!!!

As always, necessity is the mother of all invention. I dug deep into the freezer and fridge and managed to gather enough to make a decent dish of kimchi fried rice.

Fried rice is always easy to make and this one is no different. If you are interested, a recipe can be found here. I followed pretty much the same way except I didn't add eggs but added chopped ham instead.

This is the first time I had this dish and I must say that it is a tasty good way to use up the odds and ends in the fridge. Try it some time. Your fridge will thank you for it.

Comments