Sausages

Our little princess loves sausages. Big love affair.

My grocery cart is never without a package of sausage and Cold Storage offers quite a selection: British Banger Sausage, Garlic & Herb Lamb Sausage, Irish Breakfast Sausage, Old English Sausage and Rosemary Lamb Sausage. But they don't come cheap, ranging from S$7.50 to $10.00 per 350g pack.

However, a closer look at the ingredient list and you will be able to see food additives and preservatives. Fancy that? No, thank you. So I started thinking (yes, I have been doing alot of that lately) that perhaps it is high time that I make my own.

Last night, I made my own sausage for Sasuage and Penne. Not too difficult since I bought minced pork to start with. The only difficult thing was to decide what seasoning to flavour the sausage with. I did mine with thyme, rosemary and garlic. The combination was good but our little princess's verdict was: "Taste different." Maybe optically it looks different from the usual links.

After a quick Google, I found this recipe from Simply Recipes. Looks beautiful and easy enough, except that it called for 2 things which I don't have in the kitchen. Sherry and sherry vinegar. This is one of those CapEx intensive recipes.

Comments