Rushing Through Dinner Prep

I am so totally sold on the idea of eating Japanese-style. I have tried my best to prepare rice, soup and a side dish for breakfast for Hubby everyday since last week. Though it was really quite a challenge time wise, but it actually forces me to relook at my food preparation and think simple and healthy dishes. It is much appreciated change especially for weekday dinners.

Made a dish of cold tofu and breaded chicken for dinner. Something simple to put together for a typical rush weekday dinner. The cold tofu is such a simple dish with so few ingredients and yet it taste so good. Little wonder we are willing to pay so much to eat it in restaurants.



If you are interested, this are what you need for the cold tofu:

1 block of tofu (UniCurd has one specially for such cold dish)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
A handful of bonito flakes (the brown thin shavings on top of beancurd)
2 shoots of spring onions

Here's my breaded chicken nuggets. It is a far cry from being called a katsu, so that's something that I will probably need to work on.


P.S.: I am still trying to convince Hubby to allow me to buy Japanese tableware. Wish me luck!

Comments