親子どん - Oyakodon


Last Thursday, Hubby finally went to Vivocity. Yeah, we are abit slow in catching up with the trend, but we hate crowds, so going there on a weekday seems the best.

We had dined at Shin Kushiya and I'm happy to say that I'm quite please with the quality of food that we have tasted so far. One of the items we ordered was Oyakodon. For more info about this dish, click here. It came with semi-cooked eggs, and I had to request that it be brought back to the kitchen to finish the cooking, as I wanted to give some of it to my little girl. Thankfully the runner was helpful and returned with the fully cook dish within minutes. The dish was yummy! The chicken pieces were tender and flavourful. It was quite a big portion too, enough for me to share with my girl.

So, during the weekend, I attempted to make my own version of it. Unfortunately, the recipe I used called for 3 tbsp of sugar to the sauce, which I thought was excessive, so I pared it down to 2 tbsp and still it turned out too sweet for our taste. Other than that, I think this is a very simple and satisfying one dish meal for a lazy weekend. Again, this is another dish cooked based on my estimation, so no recipe to share. Sorry! (^.^)

Comments