Raisin Scones


It has been a long while since I baked anything. Scones has always been my favourite bakes for one reason that it is very simple to make. In fact my first cookbook was probably a book about scones, muffins and teacakes! So you can see my love affair with scones went way back then.

I have always thought that the scones from my supposedly first cookbook were great, but the moment I bit into these, I wonder why haven't I tried this recipe earlier. This recipe is from The Joy of Cooking ('97 ed.) and it is called Classic Currant Scones in there. These scones are really flavourful, moist and cakey. Yum!

I realised that one of the reasons I don't bake often is that I can't stand the prep work required for baking. Unlike my cooking, my baking still needs to follow strictly to the books and that means that I would need to measure everything. The actual making of the scones takes less than 10 mins and the baking took another 17 mins, but the prep work took me almost an hour! Don't ask me why! Perhaps I keep my baking powder in some obscure place and plain flour in another.

But whatever the reason, I am just glad that I made these gems and I had fun (even though I finished cleaning up at 3am!). Finally I am able to give something to my neighbour who has been generous with their festive goodies.

Note to self: American cup differs from Jap cup measurement. 1/2 American cup measures less abt 140ml vs Jap of 100ml.

Comments

  1. I love scones.... is the receipe easy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is very easy to make. If you are interested in the recipe, let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment