豚薄切りの野菜卷き- Rolled Pork with Vegetables


Made this last night for dinner. I have only recently found out that my supermarket sells thinly sliced pork belly which are perfect for making these rolls. I was so happy to see them that I bought them without knowing how much exactly they cost. That's why Hubby is the one who does the marketing. It if were left to me, I think we would be living in the streets now.

These rolls are very easy to make. Cut the asparagus and carrots into match stick size and dump them into boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain. Pick up 2 asparagus sticks and 2 carrot sticks and roll them in a slice of pork. Place the rolled end down. When done with rolling, simply sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of the rolls. In a hot pan with little oil, place the rolled end side down and fry until the pork is cooked and slightly browned.

Simple? You bet, but quite time consuming. I had to do these super fast as my little princess was hungery and bored. So while I was still frying up the last batch of the rolls, she had already dug into her dinner.

Comments

  1. ooohh... i think i'll try this out this weekend! :)

    what other things could I roll inside since i'm not a carrot person? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen others wrap with red/green/yellow peppers and also green string beans. But make sure you remember to boil them first so that they finish cooking when you are frying them in the rolls.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment