Apricot Buttermilk Scones


My beloved Joy of Cooking only has 3 scone recipes with another 4 variants. I love the Classic Currant Scones. It was simply one of the best breakfast items to have in the morning. Not overly sweet and soft tender crumbs, how can one resist? But I have made many batches of that already and can't wait for a change. So back to JOC, and I am to choose between Oatmeal Scones with Raisins or this Apricot Buttermilk Scones. I am not really a big fan of oatmeal, so I thought maybe I will give this buttermilk scone a shot.

This was the description that came with the recipe in the book: "Moist, light scones with a golden crusty exterior." That sentence said it all. Buttermilk gives this scone a lift to make crumbs feathery and soft. When eaten hot out of the oven, the crust is crunchy and smells wonderful. Even my princess came running to the kitchen when I was baking it. And would you like to know how she eats the scone? She gobbled the apricots first and then proceed to eat the crust. Strange way to eat!

Comments

  1. can you post this receipe and the double chocolate buttermilk cupcake one too?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment