Freezer Candidate: Bread


Sorry for this late post. I was down with the flu bug for the past week and was rather busy during the weekends house hunting.

I forgot to mention that I have frozen some of the olive focaccia that I've made previously and I am glad to say that they taste just as good coming out from the freezer.

Here's a short kitchen note on how to freeze and thaw bread from Martha Stewart.

I haven't quite figure out how to thaw unbaked bread yet so for the time being I will stick to this.

Steps to freeze freshly baked bread:
(1) Cool bread completely.
(2) Cut bread into suitable serving portions.
(3) Wrap tightly with clear food wrap.
(4) Place into a zip top bag and squeeze out all the air in the bag before putting into freezer.

To use frozen bread:
(1) Preheat oven to 180 degC.
(2) Remove plastic cover and place on baking sheet.
(3) Bake for 15mins or until bread is heated through.

Comments