Teriyaki Chicken - 鳥の照り焼き

I'm back and into the kitchen again! Oooh ... I didn't think that I would miss my kitchen very much, but I do! Craziness.

Anyway, I did a simple teriyaki chicken for our little princess last night. This version was slightly different from one which I had done previously cos I was trying out the recipe from another book. Tasty, nonetheless.


*****************************
Teriyaki Chicken - 鳥の照り焼き
*****************************
Marinate 2 deboned chicken thighs (with skin on) with 1 tbsp of sake, 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp of ginger juice. Let stand for 10 mins.

In a small bowl, stir together 3 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of mirin and 1 tbsp of sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar completely.

Heat a frying pan with scant bit of oil. Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Add the marinated chicken, skin side down. Fry until the skin has browned and flip over to cook the other side. When chicken has cooked through, add the soy sauce mixture. Let the mixture boil down slightly, about 5 min. Serve.

Although cleaning up the splatters is troublesome, but this recipe can beat those from mediocre setups anytime. Actually, all homemade food do.


Enjoy!

Comments