Thai Red Curry Paste

I made this red curry paste at the same time as the Green and thought that if you have seen one, you have seen them all. So lest you think that I am some "everything-homemade" zealots, I thought you might want to know that since the blender is already there and I only need to swap the red chilli for the green. So, why not?

Then, I read that someone from The Kitchn was equally bothered by recipes which list ready made curry pastes as an ingredient, that I realised that I am not alone in my gripe about commerical curry pastes.

As much as I would like to think of myself as a foodie (defined as "a person with special interest or knowledge of food, a gourmet), the more I know, I realised that the more I do not know. So a foodie I am not. But what I do know is that I haven't tasted a good curry that comes from a jar. I have yet to try Prima Deli, so anyone who has please let me know.

Here's the recipe I used for making my red curry paste. But as usual, I took some artistic liberties in my kitchen. (^.^)

By the way, I am not a everything-homemade zealot. I use mayonnaise from a jar and stock from a carton. Shh ....

Comments