Photos and Memories


Photo of the view from my office "pick-up point".

I love looking at photos and that's perhaps the reason why I love snapping them. They remind us of the things that we might have otherwise forgotten.

Yesterday while waiting for my mom leave with me for breakfast, I browsed through my old cupboards which my sister had taken over management. In a corner, I saw a few pretty flora-framed photo albums. Randomly, I picked one from them and flipped it open. In it were photos of my sister's university graduation day and also some photos of our beloved pet hamsters (R.I.P). Looking at the photos, the sense of lost and longing to hold them hit me. I have not thought much about them since their deaths, but now I realised how I stll missed them. I could almost still remember how their small bodies feel in my palms. And how they always peed on our hands when they were still young and didn't have much control of their small bladders. And of course, the photos of my kid sister who seem to have grown up despite her life-long wish of being Peter Pan. But she is still our baby sister. Sometimes I would call our little princess by my sister's name by accident. I don't know why.

By the time I had put the album away, I knew that I must take more photos now. To remind ourselves of happeir time past.

Comments