Zucchini & Mushroom Tagliatelle



The weather is just too hot to slave away in front of a hot stove still!! Arghhh ...

Dinner options were kept extremely simple with minimal preparations. I'm looking at one skillet or one pot or one dish meals as cleaning up after dinner is also unpleasant. Everything must be simple!

This pasta was just that. Minimal knife-work, one pasta pot + one skillet, serving plates and forks. Dinner is served.

I love pasta. Because it is a respectable lazy man dish. Because it is satisfying yet easy. Because I have too many pasta to clear out of my pantry!



Tonight's dinner was born out of sheer laziness to leave the comfort of our air-conditioned house. The aircon has been working overtime these few days and no doubt we can look forward to an eye-popping utilities bill by end of the month. Hopefully the coins we have saved from dining out will be enough to pay for it.

The zucchini has been sitting in the fridge for the past two weeks. I was pleasantly surprised when I found they were still in the same condition as the day I had picked them up. Digging around the fridge, I found white button mushrooms and I knew dinner is secured.



A quick chop of the vegetables, onions and garlic and I was all set. 15 mins and we were slurping up our noodles.

This is definitely a logistically less challenging option than dining out. And of course, with the whole house being air-conditioned the whole time, who needs to go a restaurant?

Comments