Main Course Salads: Soba Salad with Prawns

It has been some time since I have put a salad post up here. Well, it is not that I wasn’t eating salads, but it was because I have been in some sort of salad rut. The same salads didn’t seem to bother me, but I don’t think you will have liked to read about the same things too often.

However, I thought that this is wonderful combination for a salad and I must absolutely share it here.

DSC_0782

This is really easy to prepare if you have shelled prawns on hand. Just boil the prawns and soba noodles. Toss the soba noodles with a little sesame oil to prevent sticking. Make a soy-sauce based salad dressing like this or this. Half some cherry tomatoes, rip open a bag of salad vegetables and toss everything together with the salad dressing.

DSC_0784

Garnish with chopped spring onions and cilantro.

I was particularly hungry that night so I made more noodles, although I would have prefer to make it healthier with more veg than carbs. Oh well, next time then.

I definitely need to eat light these few days with the feast days just round the corner.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Comments