Names and Shame … Over Pineapple Tarts

Year after year, I have been churning out these little pieces of sinful indulgence for since I have gotten my own built-in oven in my own home. Hmm … Let me see how long is that ... 12 years?? What!! It has been that long already?

20130722_204129

So I decided that maybe it is time to change things a little and then I came up with these!

20150215_200059

I don’t really know what I should call these. Little baby butterflies? Where’s the antenna? Worms on blankets? Doesn’t sound too appetising.

20150215_200116

Can of worms?

IMG-20150215-WA0002

Whatever the name, the munchies must taste good, right? But unfortunately, I have to hang my head in shame although it was not entirely my fault that they didn’t. You see, I have yet to get myself acquainted with my high-tech oven in my new roof-over-our-heads. The darn thing came with so many options that I had to scratch my head to consider each of them carefully! I am very sure that any one here who had seen these would call them pineapple tarts. So, of course, I had gone with the “Tarts” function even though I had consider the “Pastries” function long and hard.

And, of course, neither were the right function for this munchies.

After almost losing our teeth after testing a few of them from the first batch, Hubby decided to just stick to “Conventional” function. No rocket science required here. We managed to save the rest of the batches from the inferno.

Moral of the story: Read your darn user manual!

The recipe for this can be found in my earlier post.

Comments