We Are Heading For the Runway

Every time when I am buckled up in the plane, I will be nervously counting down the to second when the wheels of the plane will be back on ground. Only then will I be able to breathe freely again. I don't think that this is a case of fear of flying, but more like having watched too much documentary films such as Seconds to Disasters or I Shouldn't Be Alive. Information overload.

But right now, that is the sort of feeling that I have, except that I am not airborne. Instead I am on the flight path heading to the rite of passage for all twelve year-old Singaporean children, except that Princess is only eleven this year. Just like the nervousness before the flight I am on is even airborne, I am feeling the same emotions even before she is officially promoted to Primary 6.

Crazy? You bet.

Comments