Baby Food - Fruity Moroccan Chicken

While flipping through the Baby Healthy Eating Planner, a book I got from the library, I saw this interesting recipe which I thought would be a good start to get our little cherub exposed to more food. Unfortunately, she didn't care much for it and barely took 5 mouthfuls before retching everything up. *Sigh* So in the end, Mommy and Daddy had it for lunch.

Hubby ate it with angel hair pasta while I had mine with couscous. It was yummy, albeit being slightly sweet for adult taste. Another plus in preparing this dish is that all the prep work are done using a food processor.

I like this book for the recipes in the book are meant for food which can actually be eaten by adults too! If anyone has the misconception that baby food are yucky food, think again. Erm, maybe I am trying to comfort myself here, cos I foresee that I would be eating quite a bit of her food if I am to try more recipes from this book! Haha...

*****************************************
Fruity Moroccan Chicken
(from Baby Healthy Eating Planner)
*****************************************

1 medium sized white onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
2 whole chicken breasts, deboned and chopped
100gm apricots, chopped
75gm sultanas, chopped
400ml tomato puree
a pinch of cinnamon
200ml water

1. Heat a pan with olive oil till hot.
2. Fry onions and garlic and fry till onions are soft.
3. Add chicken and fry till slightly golden brown.
4. Add apricots, sultanas, tomato puree, cinnamon and water. Mix well.
5. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with pasta, couscous or rice.

(Makes enough for 2 baby portions and 1 adult portion)

Comments

  1. little squirt likes kuay teow soup! easier for me hahaha no need to prepare anymore:p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment