Quotable Quotes

Non Food Related Post

Many donkey years ago, when we were still subscribing to Readers' Digest, I would often find myself looking forward to the next issue for two columns: Joke of the Day and Quotable Quotes. I had always felt that people who were quoted for such comments had to be very smart (but today only the dumb ones receive such limelight) and always enjoy spending time thinking about what they had said.

In the many years that followed, I have always looked out for meaningful quotatons for inspirations and encouragement. The following are some of the funnier (if not cynical) ones which I would like to share.

  • In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
  • I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
  • Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
  • Whether you think you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
  • The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
  • Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
  • Everyone is a genius at least once a year; a real genius has his original ideas closer together.
  • The mistakes are all waiting to be made.
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
  • When ideas fails, words come in very handy.
  • The object of war is not to die for your own country but to make the other bastard die for his.
  • Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourth theatre.
  • There is no sincerer love than the love for food.
  • When choosing between two evils, I always like to tey the one I've never tried before.
  • Happiness is good health and a bad memory.
  • The cynics are right nine times out of ten.
  • Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the riches people in America. If I am not there, I go to work.
  • Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
  • Sanity is madness put into good uses.
  • Men have become the tools of their tools.
  • Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research.
  • Never mistake motion for action.
  • The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Comments

  1. oh!!! ya!!! another column!! "laughter is the best medicine"!!! oh, miss those reader's digest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment