Zucchini Orzo Bento

20130426_071102

After can’t getting enough of the garlic pasta bento I had packed the day before, our princess requested for the same again the following day. So with the bento order in hand, I set about chopping up garlic at 5.45am. Nobody should be chopping garlic at that time. It is unheard of. It is preposterous. So I told myself that this is definitely going on my To-Prep list the night before. Live and learn.

Just after I turned around to vacate the pot from burner, I heard glug, glug, glug. So I thought that Hubby must be helping me prep the pan to brown the garlic. When I finally turned around after washing up the pot, the olive oil was not in the pan as I had imagined. It was all over the hot steamy orzo! That’s what you get when you have a prep cook who was only 10% awake.

Needless to say, garlic pasta was not on the menu that day. Instead, I stir fried some zucchini with some leftover shredded roast chicken to toss with the oiled orzo.

Orzo, or rice shape pasta, is a favourite with our princess. I can’t seem to find it in most supermarkets, but they are always available at Mediya. I usually use it for pasta salads or soups.

I ran out of idea for the third compartment so I stuck crackers in it. We still had plenty of junk to clear from our junk food drawer.

Comments