Sweet Peppers


I have 2 red and 2 yellow bell peppers sitting in my fridge for the past week, waiting for me to decide their fate. I have actually bought them for these, but I changed my mind when I remembered that I am probably still lugging extra cheese around my waist after the nachos.

Out of desperation for some vegetables (since I haven't been to the supermarket), I pulled them out of the fridge and did a quick saute with some sliced onions. Season with salt and black pepper. Add a chunk of frozen turkey (from Christmas, of cos!). Open a bottle of pasta sauce and pour over the mixture. Volia! Dinner is served.

How did it taste? Great! I didn't really expect the bell peppers to be so sweet after being sauteed. I had set aside half of the bell peppers before adding the turkey, and I used them for omelette the next morning. Again another wonderful dish.

Comments